View Single Post
10-13-12, 10:09 AM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sareena View Post
I downloaded the new version of NPC Overlay this morning but I'm not seeing any of the shaded in areas or whatever you call it on my map. I have had the same problem with my quests as well. All I see for quests are the little dots, but no shaded in areas. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I have not seen any quest shaded in areas since before the 5.0 WoW patch.
This is a long shot, but, take a look at the Quest Watch window header (the part with the colored buttons) and make sure the green button is BRIGHT GREEN. If it is not, just click it to change its' state.
Click image for larger version

Name:	QB-1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	7286
Here's a description of what those buttons do:
Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.
It's from the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file that is in the main Carbonite folder of every Carbonite installation.

Of course, it might just be that you are doing quests in an area where Carbonite doesn't have those quests in its' own data base. It will use Blizzards quest area highlight for those quests if you track "Quest POI"s with the Blizzard tracking facility. Click the magnifying glass minimap icon and make sure that option is checked in the list. The quest areas should then be shaded a light blue when it is tracked by Blizzard, but I think it shows the standard Carbonite shading if the quest is known by Carbonite and you have that option checked in Carbonites options.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!