View Single Post
07-05-13, 05:01 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kreelor, what larger Carbonite map are you talking about?
Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.
This may help to explain.

The scale you are saving is the scale of the Carbonite map, not the container it is in. So, when you save the map scale for the minimized map you are also saving the scale for the maximized map. That is, the way it "looks" inside its' container (or frame).

If I'm wrong about this I am sure someone will correct me.

No need to reinstall Carbonite. Deleting (or renaming) the Carbonite "SavedVariables" at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" should do the trick and set everything back to default for you. That's just the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. Reinstalling Carbonite would just give you the same problems. (Unless you use the Curse Client. That way when you choose to uninstall an addon it gives you a choice to delete the saved variables.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-05-13 at 05:24 AM.