View Single Post
10-01-12, 10:52 PM   #3
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I've encountered two landscape quests in MoP so far that require ExtraActionButton1 to complete, and nUI5 doesn't show the button.

Both quests are in the Valley of Four Winds.

One is a relatively early quest in the zone's quest flow, where you have to use a lasso to jump aboard a large bird. While you're fighting the bird (in the air), after a few seconds the bird will grab you in its talons, where you take continuous damage and can't do anything else. The button is used to escape the death clutch and return to the bird's back so you can resume fighting. The first time I attempted the quest, I couldn't figure out what was going on, so eventually it killed me. Then I Googled and saw that it requires using the ExtraActionButton.

The second landscape quest requiring the button is one of the final ones in the zone, at the Stormstout Brewery (note: not a dungeon quest). A giant hozen attacks you and stuffs you in a barrel. The only way to escape is to use the button. The hozen can't be fought, and paths back and forth through an area where you have to be to do other quests, so you will likely get "kegged" and need to use the button a few times. Since there's little risk of dying here, this would be an ideal quest to debug any fix to the button without requiring a group, if you can reach it.

Rather than using a macro, I just key-map it to an easy-to-reach key combination (I use Shift+Enter) using the Blizzard key-mapping panel. When the button isn't active, hitting the mapped key(s) doesn't have any effect.