View Single Post
07-22-12, 07:34 PM   #18
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by suicidalkatt View Post
I personally love the new look, unfortunately it'll take a bit more time to get from option a and b with the tab / menus however I still like its new approach.
I don't like the added time to go from A to B, so if there's a reasonable solution you can count on it appearing.

Originally Posted by suicidalkatt View Post
One thing I'd deeply love to have implemented is text coord support and perhaps a media table that can have 3rd party addons implement 'texture packs' or 'sound packs' which would easily be implemented and not hurt any coding if done properly.
Already possible:
Lua Code:
  1. --- Registers a new texture set. If the set already exists, it is replaced.
  2. -- @param name The name of the texture set.
  3. -- @param iter Iterator function for accessing texture paths.
  4. function PowerAuras:RegisterTextureSet(name, iter);
  6. --- Registers a new sound set. If the set already exists, it is replaced.
  7. -- @param name The name of the sound set.
  8. -- @param iter Iterator function for accessing sound paths.
  9. function PowerAuras:RegisterSoundSet(name, iter);

There's also one for fonts and 'counters' (timer/stack fonts basically). Iterator returns vary based upon the resource type, but for sounds it's "index (number), path (string), name (string)". For textures, it's just the first two items. The PowerAuras/Media.lua file contains the default ones.

The function is safe to call immediately, don't need to wait for ADDON_LOADED so long as the dependency on it is there.

Texcoords were kinda planned but I backed out of them, I'll reconsider it. Issue is exposing them in a 'pretty' way.