View Single Post
03-25-09, 10:42 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[quote=Oxolate;122327]Oh good. I was hoping it was a me issue.

I actually cycled through all of them. I didn't care for the simple one because I don't like seeing percentages of health/mana. I need the actual numbers. This one isn't a big deal. I just need to re-train my eyes where to look when I need something.
Hmmm. The simple HUD doesn't show health and mana at all. Are you sure you were on the simple HUD? In any event, yeah... retraining the eyes is always and issue when changing UI's. I strongly suspect that once you learn to use the HUD, you'll never want to be without one again -- there are quite a few people here who have already made that statement. ~smile~

Interesting. I said this because I was in Wintergrasp, jumped into a stationary cannon and no UI for the cannon popped up. I could only shoot the cannon because I knew that pressing '1' would shoot it. I couldn't get out of the cannon until it died. Just trying to be more clear, when I entered the cannon, as far as I could tell, the UI didn't change. Granted, as soon as I jumped in, I started getting hit by something. It took me a few seconds to figure out that it was a Warlock on the roof where my cannon couldn't hit it. The rest of the time I was trying to figure how to get out and never could. So I was distracted as well.
Okay... two things here... WG is the one place I know of that getting out of a vehicle is an issue. That's the bug I was referring to... I'm not sure why it is different based on whether you control the vehicle or not, but for some reason when you don't control it, you don't get the dismount button (possession bar, actually). The 5 key on your number pad will bail you out for future reference until I can find and fix the bug.

The second thing is the action bar for vehicles. nUI does not pop up that big gawd aweful ugle abortion that Bliz calls a vehicle frame (just in case you couldn't tell, I'm not a fan of it ~grin~) -- nUI uses the main action bar for the vehicle actions (spells) just as any other possession works. Make sure that any time you're in a vehicle, your main action bar is on page 1 as that's the only page that "switched" for possessions, forms, stances, stealth, etc. Pages 2-6 are static overrides of page 1. That is, actually, default Bliz action bar behavior, but most advanced players forget that because they have been using bar mods for so long.

If you are one action bar page one and mount a vehicle and DON'T get the vehicle spells, I need to know that as there is likely a bug with that quest/engine.

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry if the tone of the first post made it sound like I would never use it. I didn't know how difficult/easy #1 would be to address and if it was difficult I wasn't expecting you to change it just because some anonymous person posts that they want a change.
Don't be sorry... most authors largely ignore their users... I don't. I value the input as it helps me improve the UI. I trust most of my users will back me up on the claim that I really do try to respond to ideas, requests, bugs, etc. Don't be afraid to speak your mind... I listen.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/