View Single Post
03-27-07, 11:51 AM   #24
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Whaite
Also, in the past, my macros did not work with my cooldown mods. I don't know if that is the case nowadays with the new syntaxes to add to them which leads me to the last reason I dont want to make macros for this . . . I only have a few slots left for macros and don't want to waste them.
Again, no offense. Just wanted to explain. I essentially said, "I was looking for this mod. I don't want to make macros. I just want something to replace this mod. "
You might not like the answer, but this can only be done WITH a macro, which is why you are getting that answer.

However, you'll be happy to hear that you can 1) reduce the number of macros you need using the conditionals provided in the new macro format and 2) fix the cooldown thing by simply inserting the "#showtooltip Mortal Strike" tag or by selecting the "?" for a graphic icon.

To give you an example of what I mean. Let's say that you play a Druid. The following macro would cast two different spells depending on what type of target you had.

/cast [help] Regrowth; [harm] Wrath

This would cast Regrowth if your target was friendly, otherwise it casts Wrath.

You can also create conditionals for finding a new target and beginning attacks. For example, this string of macros will 1) if I dont have a target, aquire one, 2) if my target is friendly then assist them, if i am in combat then auto-attack target otherwise stop the macro.

/targetnearest [noexists]
/assist [help]
/stopmacro [nocombat]
/startattack

My point here is that while you make a lot of good points about not using the macros, the truth is that you are simply gimping yourself if you don't use the macros to the fullest potential.

Another example...

/cast [target=mouseover] Blind

For a Rogue, this is is pretty valuable. It allows you to hover over an enemy unit with your mouse, hit macro and then blind them WITHOUT switching your targets or turning off your auto-attacks on your CURRENT target.