View Single Post
11-06-12, 07:54 AM   #1
Doskious
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Detail/Minimap alignment OR Minimap Indoor Transparency

Not quite sure if this is a bug, or just an unavoidable aspect of the way things work...

I really like having the Minimap folded into and overlaying the Carbonite map, and I really like the Carbonite Map's minimap-like detail option. I've found, though, that leaving the minimap partially or totally transparent is somewhat problematic for indoor areas (where Carbonite's Detail map is not defined), as the minimap doesn't seem to display the actual indoor map area unless it's fully visible. However, if set to 100% visibility, while properly displaying indoor area maps, in the outdoors the minimap overlay is noticeably offset from the Carbonite Detail Map. This is most obvious while moving, but is observable in a number of locations while stationary. In all cases, from what I can tell, the Carbonite Detail Map seems to be offset slightly West and South, compared to the image displayed in the Minimap.

I'm sure that this is an issue of tertiary importance at best, but it would be really spiffy if the detail layer and the minimap could be properly aligned, OR, the minimap be allowed to take conditional transparency options (100% transparent outdoors, 100% visible indoors). (Or anything else that might address this, I dunno.)

Or is this {Detail/Minimap alignment OR Minimap Indoor Transparency} issue only affecting me, and if so what might I be able to do about that? ^_^;