Thread: A report.
View Single Post
03-12-10, 01:30 AM   #12
Rathemice
A Murloc Raider
Ok in continuing with this today I logged in to wow 80 times. Heres what I got. Remember yesterday I deleted the cache files and moved my WTF and Interface directories to the desktop. The only addons I have loaded are nUI (plus) 5.06.10 and CensusPlus 4.2.2

None of these PC's have been played, most are still standing on the spawn point that a new PC is created on. All have accepted the first quest from the NPC standing right in front of them on creation. All have the interface setup exactly the same way, with the same video and sound settings.

On my very first login with a Nelf hunter I got a blank screen. Same toon as yesterday.

On my 3rd login with a Tauren shaman I got a blank screen.

On my sixth login with a Nelf warrior I got a blank screen. Same toon as yesterday.

On my 13th login with a human warrior I got a blank screen.
*********Edit******** The 13th login should read human paladin NOT human warrior.

At this point I started keeping track of how long I was logged into the previous server because I noticed that if the census was a short one(light load on the previous login) I would get the blank screen on the next login(fast switching of toons) I found that the error is much more likely to occur when I was logged into the previous toon OR toon on a different server for less than 2.5 minutes AND I received something in the chat window(server message like someone attacking the area, Census+ responses to who requests or people chatting on channel 1) I find that this is not 100% but a VERY high likelyhood of causing the blank screen. All of todays blank screen errors followed this pattern EXCEPT the very first login of the night AND the 77th login. Even though I received who responses from censusplus I was on the previous server for nearly 20 minutes.

I logged in 27 more times and ran a census with out incident.

On my 41st login I did only 1 thing that was to change the font in the chat window to 12pnt. I did this for the next 20 logins changing the font on each of the 2 toons on all 10 servers. To simulate fastswitching of toons.

On my 50th login I got a blank screen with a tauren warrior. There were people chatting on this server at the time I logged in.

On my 57th login with a human warrior I got a blank screen. Goldshire was under attack at the time I logged in and the server was sending a response on the defense channel.

At my 60th login all the fonts had been changed and I started running censuses again.

At my 77th login with human warrior I got a blank screen. Same toon as the 57th login.

I should also note that even though I set up random toons on all the servers there were no priests, druids, undead, gnomes or dwarfs setup. Go figure I didn't notice it till tonight tommorrow I will set some up specifically to throw them up in the mix.

Rathemice

Last edited by Rathemice : 03-12-10 at 02:10 PM.