View Single Post
07-27-12, 11:58 AM   #3
Barjack
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think much has changed with SecureAuraHeader. The weapon enchant bugs from 4.3 are still definitely present and it still feels like a highly neglected piece of code. Bug lists for it, including line-by-line explanations and fixes, were posted in the forums for something like a year before some of them were implemented in an update that introduced a number of new bugs, including the creation of multiple duplicate "ghost frames" on any class that uses weapon enchants. How long it might be before those bugs are fixed I wouldn't dare to venture a guess.

As for filtering, there is a rudimentary "consolidate" system which basically uses the shouldConsolidate return value from UnitAura along with some duration thresholds to move the buff/debuff to a proxy header. It may be possible to hack UnitAura's return values to use this as a way to do blacklisting/whitelisting, but it always seemed like a pretty ugly solution and I'm unsure if it would actually work without causing taint. You can supply the header with a couple of parameters to tell it how to sort the auras, but it's basically just "by time" or "reverse" or what have you. There is no fine-grained control.

Since my understanding of the original purpose of moving auras to a secure system was to stop druids from auto-canceling forms, I'm unsure if the system is really that necessary any more. But since Blizzard doesn't actually have to use their own code and deal with all the problems it has, there's not much incentive for them to scrap the system and come up with a better solution, either. And so it languishes.