View Single Post
10-02-10, 09:43 AM   #22
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been hacked some months ago (more than 1 year ago probably) and I still don't have a clue how.

I consider myself a pretty competent IT user. I'm 28 years old and I've been using computers since the Spectrum and so on. I'm a Computer Engineer, I do some programming, use constantly more than 1 OS (Windows 7 right now and several versions of Linux since Mandrake was still alive), don't use iE for years since version 5 (currently using Chrome and Firefox sometimes), always use a Antivirus on Windows Systems (Microsoft Security one right now) and even so I was hacked. Don't have a clue how. Never bought gold. Didn't give my password to no one. My WoW password changes from time to time and it's not equal to any other password I use anywhere. It has several type of chars and numbers. I only go to common websites like MMO-Champion, WoWhead, Curse and WoWInterface. I had upated some addons from Curse the day before I was hacked. Was that it? Will never know...

After that I go an authenticator, was before Blizzard started offering the pet as a reward for having one. But in that week I took noticed of several people I know that was also hacked.

So calling someone stupid for being hacked don't knowing how and taking all security measures one can is offensive. After I was hacked I did an Internet AntiVirus scan, scanned with several searching tools, including spybot, adware, malbytes, etc, etc, no results.

Bought an authenticator and since then had no problems.

My case took about 1 week to get solved. Recovered everything at least. But scared me a bit.