View Single Post
09-16-10, 01:29 AM   #1
kokomala
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Koko SpellActivationOverlay Sounds - Calling for help

It appears that Blizzard have hardcoded their default SpellActivationOverlay alerts, and these are triggered through a new event. This means we can only find out which alerts are triggered through playing and noting which abilities cause an alert via this event.

Sadly, I don't have the resources to create a complete list of spellID's that trigger alerts.

So, I am calling out for assistance in order to create as a complete list as possible. You can even help out if you don't like the blizzard spell alerts and have them turned off.

If you wish to help:
1) My addon can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...laySounds.html (version 40000.0.2 or above)
2) Make sure the debug option and the addon enable option are both on/active.
3) You can turn all the sounds to "None" if you wish. It's advisable to have the base sound option (for unknown alerts) to something noticeable.
4) You can turn off the "Show Spell Alerts" in the options>interface>combat screen if you wish
5) Cast your spells as normal. Or beat the training dummies.
6) Reply to this thread with what character class you were on and the debug message. Either the whole line, or the inital number and name (debug line: spellID, spellName, texture, other stuff)

Important notes:
1) Make sure you are using version 40000.0.2 or above
2) It is very important to note that not all alerts have been hardcoded in (example: Eclipse procs), whilst other alerts have a different name to the talent/ability that procs it (example: Omen of Clarity). Some talents that you would think are an obvious alert aren't.
3) Due to the above, you can't necessarily data mine the alerts.
4) It is quite possible that blizzard may use generic SpellActivationOverlay alerts that are generic to all classes, or even boss encounters. In these cases, I've made the addon easily updatable for these potential spellID's.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Last edited by kokomala : 09-16-10 at 04:05 AM.