View Single Post
02-26-07, 03:18 PM   #10
Auralei
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Garus
Auralei,

Your post made me realize that I was looking at this whole argument from only my perspective: I knew the item was in the mod when I downloaded it. I'm guessing most people are arguing this from the perspective that it is wrong given the user does not know the mod is going to make their character do something they didn't expect. If you download a mod with full understanding of what is going to happen you can't complain about it. On the other hand, if it does more than the developer stated and it is something debatable, complaints are understandable.

Well, actually, the reason I even replied was that an addon that had one of these features did not even mention it anywhere in the description until way after release. Embarrassing. To say the least. But also, not very cool. And actually, if I did know that the addon contained anything in the way of advertising or spam, I'd download it, go through the code, delete the offending lines and have done with it. I will not be forced to advertise an addon in anyway but word of mouth.