View Single Post
01-16-09, 09:08 PM   #244
twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mikey2k View Post
progress looks good so far, i could lend a hand if you like.
More hands sounds good!

i had thought about writing a seperate addon for unit frames, we dont need the options like duf just the backbone that tells mazzle where to put everything, maybe we/i can start on this.
Seems everyone wants to replace the Unit Frames. Not a bad idea, but might be a stage two goal? First goal may be to just get something running then do the clean up/upgrades?

also how did you get around the issue of secure action buttons for bongos, i would be interested to take a look.
I didn't. If you noticed I listed getting bongos running under 3.0 as a still needed to be done task. Or at least some bar mod I guess if we want to reevaluate that also. I just replaced enough to get it to run. A few of the bars now work, but the player action bar does not yet. It still needs the stubs written to actually work, if you notice in my screen shot the action bar is still the blizzard one. If you are interested in this, then that would be a better task to pick up right now then the unit frames, that is really the last sticking point. Once that is done the rest while time consuming is not difficult.

Originally Posted by Davnel View Post
Hm I've (finally) restarted work on Aura Unit Frame, which I more or less based the concept of replacing DUF. If you wont I'd be more than willing to tweak the code to make it work with Mazzle how you want. (Also having a deadline beside my self imposed ones tends to mean I do the work ).

Let me know if your interested, and if theres you'd need from the addon if you did want to use it.
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I like the 'purpose' of Aura Unit frames, as you described on your download page. A lighter DuF could only be a good thing, and that was my reasoning with the oUF idea. Having the customization of DuF, without all of the heavy extras. Another thing I like about oUF is everything is hardcoded and needs no setup, a -plug n play- unit frames that work light. Some people may not like that aspect of it, but I think it's best for a ui such as Mazzle. I don't care who gets a working frames addon for this, as long as it can recreate the looks and operation of how Mazzleui was with DuF without memory leaks and performance issues.
I guess that depends on how much work Yhor has in to it, and which path looks better. Probably something to has out which seems the best way to go with.