View Single Post
09-24-12, 03:30 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
The part I find most annoying is their guides, written in Lua, are a database that requires their addon.
I don't understand the fuss about paid guides in this day and age. Questing now is so easy, so linear, and so self-explanatory that there's simply no need for a guide. Every quest leads you right to the next one, and you generally get quests in the same order you should do them. The default map shows you exactly where to go for each quest, and you can use TomTomLite or TomTom+QuestPointer or something to show a giant neon arrow on your screen pointing you right to the nearest quest objective.

I've just been leveling a new character in the last week or so, and questing is so ridiculously easy that I'm not even finishing half the quests in each area before they're all turning green and I'm getting the breadcrumb quests to take me to the next area. I can't imagine having to read a guide would do anyting but slow me down.

If you're trying to set some record while leveling, you've probably already leveled up a few characters and are familiar with the quests, and don't need a guide because you already know what to do. If you're leveling your first character, you're not going to set any records, and don't need a guide because Blizzard has made the process so simple.