View Single Post
07-10-12, 03:02 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm undecided on the fate of Diplomancer.

On one hand, the core code is extremely stable (I don't think there's been a relevant API change in the 5 years I've been maintaining it) and easy to maintain. On the other hand, keeping up with all of the new factions, zones/subzones, and the relationships between them is a really hard when I don't play enough these days to level alts or grind rep. I don't think the zone-faction mappings were ever fully updated for Cataclysm, though I did try. It's also a very unique addon; every other "automatic faction watch" addon I know of waits until you gain rep to change your watched faction, instead of doing it preemptively based on your location. It was also one of the very first addons I ever wrote. I'd like to keep maintaining it, but it's somewhat discouraging that nobody has even mentioned any missing/incorrect factions since the release of Cataclysm, when I'm pretty sure there must be at least a few.

Thoughts? Anyone using this thing able to comment on the completeness and accuracy of the current data? Are there a significant number of new faction-zone associations in MoP (despite having beta access, I'm not actually playing there; just logging into premades to update my addons) or will it be a fairly straightforward matter of adding the Pandaren-specific zones and whatever new zones they add for levels 85-90?