View Single Post
01-15-10, 08:43 AM   #219
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's simply the way Blizzard designed the UI to work. It would be a lot of added code complexity for Macaroon to "fix" it, and would cause Macaroon's behavior to be inconsistent with the behavior seen in the default UI and in every other actionbar addon I've ever used (which includes all of the major ones currently in circulation). How often are you really pressing actionbar hotkeys (or any keys, for that matter) while you have an item on the cursor?
Um, no, this is a new behavior that started only AFTER I started using Macaroon...I've been doing this kind of thing for years...and it messes up two macros I use a LOT which require an item to be on the mouse cursor to work:

/script local itemType, itemID, itemLink = GetCursorInfo() if itemLink then print("item:"..itemID) end

and

/run local itemType, itemID, itemLink = GetCursorInfo() if itemID then SendChatMessage("WTS "..(select(2,GetItemInfo(itemID))).." - PST with offer","channel",nil,2) end

If this behavior were normal, those macros would NEVER have worked, and until I installed Macaroon, they did.

edit: temporarily removed Macaroon and tried the above macros on the vanilla interface. The Swap behavior is DEFINITELY a Macaroon thing.

In addition, it even happens with "button lock" enabled! The only thing that makes it work right is to be in combat. With combat lock on, the macro WILL be executed instead of swapping. However, it's a bit lame to have to pause in the middle of combat (or get into combat in a city) to use my macros.

Last edited by Redwood Elf : 01-15-10 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Further details