View Single Post
12-03-12, 12:31 AM   #21
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
No. See Billtopia's previous post:

If SendAddonChatMessage had a return value instead of printing the error to chat that could help too.
Ok, I just ran a find command for SendAddonMessage as per your post and it found nothing when it was actually SendAddonChatMessage.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Also, the delay between you trying to send an addon message and the client printing a "player not found" or similar error message to the chat frame is so infinitesimally small that I can't imagine it being unacceptable for something that is really just cosmetic, especially since you'd only "need" to do it for pandaren in /say and /yell. How often does that really happen, anyway?
How often an error happens is irrelevant to a glitch existing in any form. Also, I would like to know how much of a delay you would consider "infinitesimally small". The time for any data request to reach the servers and come back with a reply will always be at least the user's ping time. Depending on the connection, this would vary, but should not be easily dismissed as a negligible amount. Note observed ping rates have been in the range of 200-1000+ ms. This is pretty much the range of 1/5 of a second to a full second delay.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 12-03-12 at 12:26 PM.