View Single Post
08-30-17, 09:25 PM   #3
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
The problem with changing PlaySound is it will "break " many addons that aren't being maintained but work perfectly well otherwise.
From my point of view that was a pretty fun one, seeing so many addons in my repertoire reporting the same PlaySound errors and completely breaking beyond use.
6 addons that do completely unrelated tasks, and all it took to single-handedly break all of them at once? A function to play sound files, which is even more unrelated. It's just so dumb I can't help but laugh at it. I probably have other addons that were also affected by this that I've yet to notice.

But yeah I guess this feels like change for the sake of change lol, but at least it's a really easy fix, and if an addon isn't maintained anymore, I can just leave a comment on the page with instructions on fixing for people who may come across the addon and would want to use it.

What I'd give to just have official + up-to-date/complete API documentation straight from Blizzard with a complete changelog whenever patches happen, lol. Do people just rely on looking at diffs or is there some other place people find all their info on what changed between patches that I haven't heard of? (mostly asking for somebody else but I'd probably be interested too tbh.)