View Single Post
10-03-09, 07:52 AM   #9
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by shkm View Post
You're forgetting instances, Republic. The video was probably in SM, as that's a popular AoE grinding place (Heaven knows why). The number itself was most likely just edited into the video.

I play a "prot paladin" and refer to my character as whatever comes first. Tankadin, prot pally, whatever. It's really insignificant.
Well, not for nothing, but there aren't many instances that allow you to mount up and farm. Are there? SM was popular for shard farming at one point (small brilliant shards I believe for fiery enchantments back in the day). Even so, you couldn't do it by mounting and the mobs would still reset even after following you a good ways (unless you did cathedral and went straight in to the boss which pulled everything inside the cathedral). Mobs still reset in most all instances after following you a good ways. I know this firsthand from running lower level friends through places and finding it a pain in the rear to have to double back because a mob dropped or reset. That's also an amusing way to get your lower level friend killed Anyway, onward and upward.

I can think of 2 or 3 spots inside instances where it may be possible to gather 20 mobs. There's a couple of spots in purple Mara where you might be able to get enough imps and satyrs. There's a spot or two in Gnomer where you can get a good number of troggs. There's a paladin picnic to be had in Strat, especially around the fountain near the piccolo guy. When I was farming AD rep, I pulled entire map segments of Strat. That's about the only spots I can think of for this kind of farming and none of it can be done on horseback Anyway...happy farming.