View Single Post
07-11-12, 12:39 AM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rammoth View Post
Also, I wasn't being ignorant at all. I was being honest. I really don't know what could be causing it. I'm still changing things in the file, and I'm still trying to learn as I go. Not everyone can be so good at something right away.
The word "ignorant" simply means "lacking knowledge". Not knowing something is the very definiton of ignorance, and there's nothing wrong with not knowing something, as long as you're willing to keep learning. If people keep asking about something, that's probably what you should try to learn next!

Originally Posted by Rammoth View Post
This makes the 3rd person that comes off like they're attacking me today... I have no idea what's up people buts today.
Remember that on a forum, nobody can hear your tone of voice, see your facial expression, or interpret your body language. Likewise, you can't hear anyone else's voice or see their face, either. Don't assume that someone is attacking you just because they're asking for information you don't have, or correcting something you wrote. It's okay to say "sorry, I can't answer your question", or just not respond at all if you don't feel like you have a good answer.

That's the upside of a forum -- while it's easier to misinterpret what people say in text than in face-to-face or voice communication, it's also easier to leave the conversation or take a break, because nobody expects a reply omg right now now now this second, and nobody can tell what you're doing instead of responding to them.