View Single Post
04-05-09, 01:16 PM   #10
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
All the same, there's always a handful that it just never works out for... I'm not sure if that's a case of failing to follow the directions, something oddball in their system or just Murphy's Law in action... it's just the nature of the animal.
Well, being an oddball....

Just for "fun" I tried a clean install again with no add ons installed I get ~122 fps .. And turning around like madness hardly seems to impact things (tho.. the default fps meter is somewhat akward :-p)..

Installed nUI and it drops to 70 maxing out at 77, dropping to 50 or lower when turning around like mad..

That is with almost everything at max, except shadows (set at 1, else it is a killer) at a ress of 1650*1080 with, 24 bit and 1x sampling.

With my old install, I set the cap at 60 with tripple buffering on and set the sampling at 4 times (doesn't affect fps much apperently).. In crowded places (like Stormwind) fps is 40 to 50 with nUI, stable at 60 without.. At less crowded places it's 60 unless moving fast, then it drops to 50 or so... In outland it's worse tho :-p

Haven't tried raiding 25 men yet without nUI, but during fights even with everything at low fps drops to 20 (haven't tried it with only nUI yet tho, maybe next week).

Anyway, I like nUI way to much :-) So, sticking to nUI like glue.

BTW, config is
AMD 9850 2.50Ghz
AMD 4870 512Mb
8Gb of ram
Windows 7 (Vista was bit slower in FPS ;-p)

/edit
Only thing I can't work out, the ptr always seems to get better fps (except when Lich was in beta...).. Then again SW is way less crowded then.. (Without nUI the FPS is still better tho, only 10 fps usually less then)

/edit2
One thing I haven't tried... Might try running with vsync of for a longer period of time..

Last edited by Seer : 04-05-09 at 01:36 PM.