View Single Post
06-26-12, 07:05 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I like the way you've connected your action bars to the cooldown bar to the edge of the screen.

I am not a fan of the "random splatter of swirly things in the corner" look you've got going on with your minimap, nor of the "solid glossy box" look on your chat frames, but even if you are, the two looks do not really go together. The gray gradients and square fonts in the chat frame have a futuristic, sci-fi feel to them (they'd be right at home in a Starcraft themed UI) while the swirly splatter art has more of a soft-core goth theme.

Then you've got the pixel-style unit frames. I don't like these either (too hard to read, and very boring looking especially after they've been done to death hundreds of times in the past few years), but again, the main problem is that they don't really fit in with anything else you've got going on.

Try to pick one theme (future tech, dark and flowy, pixels, or something else) and get everything to fit in with that theme.

Also pick one font, and stick with it (I see 4 fonts in there right now), or choose two fonts that complement each other, such as a simple readable font for chat frames and tooltips, and a more decorative font (such as a pixel font, or sci fi font) for unit frames and combat text.

Similarly, pick one border style, and use it on everything.

While this isn't really to my taste, it will look a lot better if you work on making it consistent.