View Single Post
01-20-10, 01:57 PM   #33
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, just in case nUI was exacerbating the issue I made a virgin copy of wow and just had this mini objectives frame addon loaded up. Pretty much rewrote the code with a bit of help from the code Scott posted and one I googled and between the two I managed to get it kinda working the way I expected without nUI loaded. The first screen shot shows it working even if dragged to the bottom of the screen it still keeps the position you had scrolled it to instead of autoscrolling as it did before. The only bugbear I have spotted with this version is that it stops moving the scroll bar on the last segment but takes note of how long you scroll with the mouse and it will take that long to scroll back up to where the quests are. Despite the scrollbar not moving at all once it doesn't have anything else to scroll.

Screenshot 2 shows how nUI deals with it. After some fiddling around with where the nUI mover code needs to go and get refreshed everything seems fine until you move the frame to near the dashboard. I suspect the viewport changes in nUI are affecting the UIParent edge for the frame and its confusing things.

Also, I noticed something unrelated but what I was using for testing not working as normal wow does. Look at the micromenu buttons. Even my level 5 characters in virign wow can click on achievements but nUI doesn't let you.

I've added the 2 versions of the addon for people to play around with as they choose. Scott, when you get 5 seconds somewhere in your busy schedule if you can confirm whether my suspicions are correct above the Viewport messing with the frame movement results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012010_191736.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	3861  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012010_194826.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	3864  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini_ObjectiveFrame in nUI.zip (1.7 KB, 724 views)
File Type: zip Mini_ObjectiveFrame in Virgin WoW.zip (1.7 KB, 703 views)

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818