Thread: EnchantMe
View Single Post
05-03-06, 02:42 AM   #6
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gryphon
Nice, can you add MobileFrames support?
Never used MobileFrames, so don't know how it works (guess I could look it up).
The EnchantMe window looks and acts like a "normal" UIPanel, meaning like the Who-window etc. It's registered in the UIPanelWindows table, meaning the default UI will "move it around", if you open other windows.
The name of the frame is "EnchantMe_Frame", if this helps in any way.

Originally Posted by Tekkub
Nice. This, just like macrostop, is a very nifty, unique, "why didn't someone think of this alreay?" kind of mod. Your code is faily slim to boot, which is a good thing.

Ideas/recommendations:
* Shift your code towards a more OOP approach, it's cleaner reading, maintaining, and it doesn't litter the global namespace with tons of functions.
* Don't add vendor locations, that will only bloat up your code. Fizzwidget's AdSpace will already do this anyway.
* Get rid of those semicolons! They're so annoying in lua *grin*
Well, the code is actually somewhat old, for both EnchantMe and MacroStop. MacroStop is from November last year, and EnchantMe from December (was released the day 1.09.0 came out, but had it running through PTR). There is actually still a check in the code, to check if it's 1.09.0 or newer, I for some reason have forgotten to remove! Addons I've been working on later, have taken a more OOP approach - which you can see if I release them, but I might rewrite EnchantMe to OOP, when I release an updated version in a near future. Although the new version is mainly to add German and French translations.

As for the semicolons: they will always be there
I'm so used to semicolons from C and Java. The only place I don't use semicolons is when I'm compressing macros. And you might think they are annoying, I, on the other hand, think they help readability.