View Single Post
05-24-09, 10:20 AM   #7
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Curumtiny View Post
Personally I like the Carbonite + Tour Guide + Tom Tom + Light Headed + Wow-Pro.com Alliance Guide or Wow-pro.com Horde Leveling Guide.

These addon's are great for leveling.
Carbonite already eliminates the need for using Tour Guide or Tom Tom. Utilizing the favorites portion of Carbonite is one part, and Tom Tom is practically fully replaced by Carbonite's default way of tracking and setting way points but can go a STEP FURTHER and offers the option to set carbonite to work like Tom Tom OR Cartographer.

Light-headed is the only thing I add to my questing leveling alts with Carbonite. I tried that leveling guide thing (before I knew of carbonite.) and It was just as lengthy reading through the damn thing, after carbonite I realized to toss the guide just pick up every damn quest along the way and follow the lightheaded notes about the chain and I got it done in triple the speed of those guides since carbonite auto tracked and displayed way points for all questing and light headed filled in the details whenever I was stumped...

TLDR: Dump Tour Guide, and Tom Tom, your duplicating addons. Carbonite is capable of going beyond them both and was made to do so. You could free a lot of memory usuage as well.