View Single Post
04-05-10, 11:02 AM   #5
cyankee
A Murloc Raider
Smile Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That worked for me. I killed all the directories and reinstalled fresh. Even wrote a dirty little bat file to do it for me. Removes the Carbonite Directories and reinstalls into the game directory.

BTW, I do a custom install as I have two accounts. I have them separated by account names. That is why the path looks different. If you use the default, then edit this for that default path.
In case anyone want to do the same thing. Here is the .bat file, just remember that you will have to edit for your needs.

@Echo Off
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\Carbonite"
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\CarboniteItems"
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\CarboniteNodes"
RD /S /Q "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons\CarboniteTransfer"
Echo Carbonite removed from <ACCOUNT NAME>
Echo Installing New Files to <ACCOUNT NAME>
XCOPY "<Drive Letter>:\Wow Downloads\Carboniteaddon\Carbonite Files\*.*" "<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Interface\addons" /E /V /Y /Q /I

For the RD commands (RD = Remove Directory) the /S Removes all directories and files including the directory itself. /Q is silent mode.

For the XCOPY Command
The /E command will copy directories and sub directories including empty ones (Ok, likely NOT needed, but you never know)
/V command verifies the size of the file (again, just in case to avoide future problems)
/Y Confirm prompt for each file suppressed.
/Q Does NOT display file names as it copies
/I If the destination does not exist and copying more then one file, assumes that destination must be a directory.

Quick and simple and free to use and modify as you see fit.