View Single Post
11-06-14, 11:03 AM   #1
Gallian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Diablo 3 style minimap.

EDIT: I actually have 2 requests, the minimap is just one of them - but I'd like to see it included in a full UI replacement that would fit a updated modern UI design with useful features like Neav UI has, in the world of warcraft style, without being too bright, or washed out. This is a larger request, so it's not the main request which is why I've only updated the post with 'EDIT' and told you about it instead of updating the title, or making a new post, or even highlighting text and making things stand out more.

I notice, even though there are Diablo 3 styled UI elements and even full on UI replacements, there isn't an actual minimap included anywhere that looks like the Diablo 3 minimap. Which is semi transparent, and just kind of fits in with the world as well as the UI. It's much better than anything I've seen as a minimap in my opinion. It's not intrusive, yet it's styled to match games of similar UI design style, which WoW has, but is older.

I would like to request for someone to make such a minimap, if anyone has the time or ability to do so. Unfortunately I don't even get to play the game as much as others do, due to having Rheumatoid Arthritis, and suffering through pain from it. So, I don't think I'd be able to handle the work involved in learning the code and then applying what I learned to make it, and keep it updated...

If I have to, I'm willing to donate to a project like this. I intend to use the minimap with UI's like Roth UI, ArcUI and or Neav UI / AftermatthUI as well as others similar to them that I find interesting. (I keep a folder separate from the WoW Interface/WTF/Font folders that I keep each UI I like in their own folders, just for clean organization and back up for easy access to just swap and replace, and re-configure any time I want to use a different one)

I really like UI's like the ones I mentioned because they don't deviate too far from the World of Warcraft design style, while still making it more modern, or updated and overall just better. Someday, I hope someone re-does the entire UI to be an updated, matches the game style without any inconsistencies in the design useful features like Neav UI has done, along with maybe a skin for Cumbuctor to match (which is my favorite bag addon).

If anyone is willing to take a stab at it, let me know. I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance for anything you can contribute to my request.

Regards,
Gallian Mograine

Last edited by Gallian : 11-06-14 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Updated with another request