View Single Post
09-23-12, 04:20 PM   #1
vbalbert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Powerbars and nUI

I realize 5.x is dead except for the updates that Xrystal has made (thank you VERY much!) but this may be pertinent to 6.0 and you may wish to test this. (I also realize that 6.0 is a complete rewrite so this may not apply.)

I'd like to move the powerbars (such as the Paladin Holy Power bar) to a less obtrusive location on the screen so I tried to use MoveAnything to move the bar. Unfortunately, in trying to move the bar I've found two problems.

First, nUI keeps MoveAnything from moving anything. I bring up MoveAnything and the resizing window appears over the bar but when I move it, it moves the window but not the bar itself. In order to get MoveAnything to work, I have to disable nUI.

This brings me to the second problem. nUI seems to change the coordinate scale. I want to move the powerbar over to the far right just above the bag bar. With nUI disabled I move the powerbar to the approximate location where I want the bar to appear when nUI is active and when I re-enable nUI the powerbar off the screen vertically. I disable nUI again, move the powerbar to the an approximate location based on this quirk and I find that I have to move the powerbar almost completely off the screen to the right to appear somewhat near the bag bar but it's still way to the left of where I want it to go.

Is this some conflict between nUI and MoveAnything or is WoW 5.0 causing the difficulty?