View Single Post
02-17-13, 04:28 PM   #19
Nuggs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way, sounds like you weren't prepared.

The dog you got is six months old, that IS still a puppy and they are still extremely hyper, chewing on things because of their teeth and all kinds of stuff. Stuff WILL get destroyed, it's up to you on what it is.

You have to puppy proof your house. My dog(Got her at six weeks) was the same way for the first year, it's a pain and I learned after three months to keep things picked up and put away.

Another thing is making sure they get enough physical activity. When dogs are alone, they get lonely/bored and that's when the most destructive behavior happens.

If you can, tough it out, puppy proof the place(Keep your important items picked up!) and help everyone else understand that it's a puppy, it doesn't know better and there has to be some preventive measures in place so your important items don't get destroyed.

It's a pain, you likely have at least six months of this behavior left and if that's not something you want to do, I'd suggest sticking to older dogs which have grown out of this phase of their life.

Good luck, hope you stick with it. If not, I hope you find a wonderful home for it.

PS I'm no expert, just giving tips from my experience as a dog owner with puppies.