View Single Post
04-30-13, 04:22 AM   #35
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe...but it has to be tested by actually using it.

The castbar will be hidden most of the time for melee players and against melee targets.

Additionally I added an optional attribute to the powerring configuration that allows hiding of the powerring if the unit does not even have power.

The good:
Testing out ring settings is really easy. It only requires an adjustment on the following variables to change the whole appearance:
Lua Code:
  1. --    ring segment layout
  2.   --     ____ ____
  3.   --    /    |    \
  4.   --    |  4 | 1  |
  5.   --     ----+----
  6.   --    |  3 | 2  |
  7.   --    \____|____/
  8.   --
  10. --ring config
  11. radius = 0.9,     -- range 0-1
  12. sublevel = {      --display level of the texture
  13.   bg        = -8,
  14.   fill      = -7,
  15.   spark     = -6,
  16. },
  17. numSegmentsUsed = 4,  -- how many sements are affected? (see ring layout)
  18. startSegment  = 4,    -- in which segment should the ring begin it's journey? (see ring layout)
  19. fillDirection = 0,    -- how should the ring fill up? 1 = clock-wise, 0 = counter-clock-wise

http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...default.lua#34

Basically you can adjust the radius of a ring. Second you can adjust the texture layers. Last you set how many ring segments should be used, where the ring should start and how it should fill up.

That way you can shuffle your rings around in no time and try out new setups.

I really like adding class/combo and altpowerbar to the ring template idea. It just fits the the concept.

The problem on that is that my 16texture layers will be no more enough to hold all the layers per scrollFrame. Easy enough though. A texture drawlayer is capable of handling a sublevel and a strata. This gives us space for up to 80 textures per scrollFrame.

That should be enough >_<.

So I need to add the texture strata to the ring template. New ring elements will be "classring" and "altring".

As posted above changing the whole appearance can be done easily by changing some variables.

Why not use the comboring as an outer ring? Etc.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 04-30-13 at 04:45 AM.