View Single Post
11-13-12, 08:06 PM   #15
Doskious
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh, most excellent, thanks! With the adjustments I've eyeballed for VoEB and K-LS, and Rythal's assurances (easily supported by community use without complaint) of the solidity of the Carbonite map Scale metrics, I'll easily be able to identify the relationship between your numbers and the ones in Carbonite. This will save me rather a lot of headache from switching in and out of the game...

(Whenever two sets of measurements are used to describe a common set of subjects, it's always possible to establish a relation between the two measurement sets, even if it must be expressed in a form restricted to the frame of reference of each individual measured subject. ... Put another way, the fact that both sets of numbers are describing the same concept means that the concept itself by definition serves to map one set of measurements to the other, in some regular and mathematically expressible fashion. ... In this case, the Zone Map for each set of Zone measurements is that mapping, and all I have to do is line up the numbers and observe the mathematical function that relates them. Which mayn't sound all that easy to you, but I assure you it's bread and butter to me. Mathematician, away! <whoosh>)