View Single Post
04-14-09, 12:19 AM   #31
clamus68
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I'm going to tell you that when you try to manually install your copy of nUI, you are *NOT* installing it in the correct location.

Do this... search your entire hard drive for the file "nUI.xml" and see where it turns up. I'm going to bet you that you're going to find a copy in a place other than the one where you are trying to install it and that is going to be the location where you *should* be installing it.
Interestingly enough even though I am currently running a copy of nUI-when I did a search for that specific file name-it was not found. When I did a search for nUI.toc-it was in my World of Warcraft file within the Program Files within Drive C. Specifically nUI.toc was in World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/nUI. So I would honestly say that it wouldn't likely be a misinstalled file. Heck I even looked at the nUI_5.01.013_Plus.zip file and couldn't find a file labelled nUI.xml. So your guess is as good as mine since a HDD search didn't pull anything up.

Now I will say this whenever i DL a mod from Curse I put them into a folder on my desktop but then obviously I have to extract the files, and I take no chances I don't copy and paste the location. SO that way I know its going to where its supposed to everytime. I checked to see if there were any disconnects in my sequencing and there wasn't, nor could there be cause I have stated I am currently running nUI just unable to run the plus. And yes I have uninstalled nUI MANY times before I loaded the nUI+ version.

If you have any other ideas I am all ears. But again-loading nUI from Curse.com worked-of course still no Raid Frames.

Carlos

Last edited by clamus68 : 04-14-09 at 12:23 AM.