View Single Post
02-24-10, 04:19 PM   #19
KCmilam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Xrystal, thanks for all the feedback. This will really help with my development.

I have actually been using it a lot to make the Options panel for an addon recently, and while doing so have discovered many bugs in the XML side, but haven't been able to hit the Lua side yet. These bugs are very easy to fix, but are a bit misleading when trying to spot them.

The default backdrop was being used on all widgets. This didn't fair well when used by a checkbox (it made them completely black). The same goes for Sliders.

Font string offsets on checkboxes were also off.

There are many bugs like this, and I'm constantly finding them and squashing them. Each time, the app advances.

The code you posted gives me a couple ideas in helping out those that use templates as well. Perhaps a feature in which the user can create templates and drag them onto the screen. This would set the code up, both in XML and Lua, to create the template and all the frames that would inherit from it.

I absolutely love the feedback, I get more and more ideas for it each time. I haven't had a chance to update the app the past couple of days, but here soon I should have a pretty nice update.