View Single Post
12-03-12, 03:31 PM   #23
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
How often an error happens is irrelevant to a glitch existing in any form.
This isn't an "error" or "glitch" though. You're trying to get information Blizzard doesn't want you to have, or at least doesn't feel is important enough for you to have that it's worth their time to give it to you through the API. I think it's very relevant to consider how often a situation where you "need" to use a hack/workaround to get information that's not directly available really comes up in actual gameplay.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Also, I would like to know how much of a delay you would consider "infinitesimally small".
I consider it infinitesimally small when I can do /run SendAddonChatMessage("test", "test", "WHISPER", Someguy") and the "Player not found" message appears immediately according to my human perception of time.

If you have 1000 ms ping, there is either something wrong with your connection or you're bringing it on yourself by playing on a server far outside of your region, but in any case it's hardly the end of the world if you delay showing chat messages from/about opposite faction panadren anyway. It's not like it's actually relevant information.