View Single Post
09-04-10, 12:11 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
The only way those channels get created is if you've had Carbonite or CarboniteQuest (I think this one did it too) loaded at some point or another.
I don't think so. I remember when I first started playing WoW, and opened the social window to the chat pane, there was a "crbz" channel listed there under the "Custom" heading, just like there is now. At that time, I had not installed Carbonite Quest (the first Carbonite I used) yet. I now have two of those channels and one for "NauticSync" (the Nauticus zep / boat schedule addon) and never see them show up in my chat frames.

There have, also, occasionally been strange noises in my game (other than the "normal" strange noises) since day one. I have seen entire threads devoted to this subject on other forums, and the "upshot", apparently, is that it has something to do with people joining and leaving the default voice channels. For some odd reason, it can, but does not always, cause a noise to be migrated into the general public's sound channels.