View Single Post
08-01-13, 03:53 PM   #38
zbugrkx
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for that feedback and you are once again totally right. no idea why i have been searching so much about a pet/issue.. it was actually back to the 2nd "issue" i had back then (when i had to shorten the refresh time) : checking the combat status

basically : if i enter combat first, pets are shown fine. if pets / owner are already in combat and i enter after them, they show as additional damage dealers.

so, i would need as you hint to change the way the add-on "gets into combat" a bit like recount does, but i have been reading recount a lot tonight and i can't figure out how they do it.

i have been thinking at having a function like :

Code:
local function checkCombat()
  if UnitAffectingCombat("player") or UnitAffectingCombat("pet") then
    ch_incombat = true
    return
  end
  for i = 1, GetNumGroupMembers() do
    if IsInRaid() then
      if UnitAffectingCombat(format("raid%i", i)) or UnitAffectingCombat(format("raidpet%i", i)) then
        ch_incombat = true
        return
      end
    else
      if UnitAffectingCombat(format("party%i", i)) or UnitAffectingCombat(format("partypet%i", i)) then
        ch_incombat = true
        return
      end
    end
  end
  ch_incombat = false
end
so that function check if anyone in my party is in combat and if so, makes ch_incombat = true

now, where i'm clueless is, great i have such nice thing (it looks good on paper) but what the hell can i do with that ?. my idea behind is just to force the add-on to enter in combat if anyone in my party/raid is already in combat and starts recording and not just myself.

i also found that the current _StartCombat gets called around line 3229 with :

Code:
elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED" then
			_StartCombat()
i thought that maybe i need to "enrich" this section or would it be the _StartCombat function that needs "rewriting" somehow ?