View Single Post
08-31-12, 03:36 PM   #9
Ozzey
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Nuggs View Post
If you're talking about the WoW installer, copy it to your home directory and run from there?

If you're talking about wine, you could try PlayOnLinux. I've never used it but some of my newcomer friends use it because wine is a little complex for them(Like I said, newcomers, they just wanted to get up and running and went the easy route instead of learning. ) and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

http://www.playonlinux.com/en/
Thanks for the response,
i actually ment with the installer,
for some reason it would fail mounting /dev/sda or /dev/sdb1 etc.. when installing from usb..
solved the issue and now running Sabayon :-)
wow runs perfectly fine using the preinstalled Wine, although the launcher will not load. i have to wine /home/dir/wow/wow-64.exe but at this moment im too lazy to fix that. il do it tommorrow when i have more spare time :-)
leveling the sp time now and i must admit thank you for the recomendation.
this sabayon is SO FAST!
its stupidly quick, i mean yeah i have a prety awesome system but even so sabayon made windows 7 and 8 seem like windows 98 speed wise.

wow is running at a steady 299 fps. Vsync disabled - and thats at 1980x1080

all round i would Strongly recommend before people think omg its hard. it really isnt.
google can help if you get stuck but honestly my gf never even knew what linux was and she wont boot to windows as of 4 hours ago :P
so thanks again.