View Single Post
09-24-15, 04:39 AM   #1
Nikita S. Doroshenko
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Battle.Net Real ID Friends Watcher

Very lightweight and very CPU efficient AddOn! You can now track and watch for your Real ID Battle.Net Friends, when they login to World of Warcraft game world, or logout. Download Link.

I made this AddOn, because lot's of my friends continuously staying online in Battle.Net, and when they login from Battle.Net to a WoW game world, game not showing you this. This AddOn watching for a few events: BN_FRIEND_ACCOUNT_ONLINE/OFFLINE, BN_TOON_NAME_UPDATED and if your friend change App from Battle.Net to WoW this AddOn will inform you. As well I add faction icon near Game Icon.

If you got any ideas or thoughts how i can improve this AddOn, or if you'll find bugs, or errors, please let me know.

I will very apreciate for your help and support with translating this AddOn to multiple languages, and for helping me to review my English localization strings below:

Lua Code:
  1. L["ADVANCED_INTERFACE_FRIENDS_FRAME_TRACK_TOOLTIP"] = "Watch for your friend's activity"
  2. L["ADVANCED_INTERFACE_FRIENDS_FRAME_UNTRACK_TOOLTIP"] = "Stop watching"
  3. L["ADVANCED_INTERFACE_FRIENDS_FRAME_TRACK_MESSAGE"] = "You are now watching for: \"%s\"" -- %s = Fried's Name
  4. L["ADVANCED_INTERFACE_FRIENDS_FRAME_UNTRACK_MESSAGE"] = "You've stopped watching for: \"%s\"" -- %s = Fried's Name
  5. L["ADVANCED_INTERFACE_FRIEND_TRACKING_ONLINE"] = "%s (%s%s) has entered game world." -- %s = Fried's name, Game Icon, Character Name
  6. L["ADVANCED_INTERFACE_FRIEND_TRACKING_OFFLINE"] = "%s has left game world." -- %s = Fried's Name
  7. -- In future release i'll replace \"%s\" with %q for automatic quoting

Special thanks to Phanx (especially in this thread), MunkDev, Fizzlemizz, Seerah, semlar for helping me with code.
Thanks to all other people who support each other and help each other with coding.

Last edited by Nikita S. Doroshenko : 09-24-15 at 05:53 AM.