View Single Post
07-15-16, 10:41 AM   #1
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Question Map issue with latest Master on Github

Update: This issue is no longer relevant since the recent pre-expansion push renders the related version of Carbonite (Github Master) unusable, and the person I was trying to help refused to do any further troubleshooting and removed it anyway.

I talked a friend of mine into trying Carbonite last night and she encountered the following issue.

Both the minimap and full sized map show a block of Icons all clumped together. Since we don't live in the same country, I couldn't just run over to her place to help her fix the issue, and she is too impatient to follow the troubleshooting steps I wanted to walk her through on vent. So I had her send me a list of her addons so I could see what I could find out.

I searched though this forum and found only one post about what looked like the same problem. Since she uses the same addon that was mentioned in that post I installed it, but it didn't repeat her issue.

So between Github and this forum, I could only find one similar but no help. So rather than install a bunch of addons I don't use myself, I decided to post it here with a screenshot and a list of my friend's addons to see if anyone might be able to help.

The attached screenshot should be self explanatory. I have been able to confirm that none of Carbonite's map settings either create or solve this problem and that at least Silver Dragon doesn't cause this issue.

Here is a list of the addons my friend uses:

Addons
Adorable Hatchling Nests
Auchionator
Autorepair
Bagnon
Bartender4 --I use this, so not the issue--
BattlegroundTargets
Carbonite
Chatter
Derangement's Minimap Blips
Derangement's Pet Battle Cooldowns
DontBuyIt
FlyoutButtonCustom --not the issue--
FogLight
FollowerLocationInfo
Gatherer
Gladius
HandyNotes --I tested this recently. Doesn't cause the issue and still not working with Carb--
HandyNotes-AzerothsTopTunes
HandyNotes-DraenorTreasures
HandyNotes-HallowsEnd
HandyNotes-LunarFestival
HandyNotes-WorldMapButton
HideNpcTracking
Masque; Diablo; Serenity; Renaitre
Master Plan
Mast Plan A
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Moveanything
MSBT
PetJournal Enchanced --not the issue--
PetTracker --not the issue--
Postal
Quartz
Rematch
Sell-O-Matic
Sexy Map --friend disabled this, but it didn't fix the issue--
SilverDragon --confirmed not the issue--
Skada --I use this, so not the issue--
Storyline
TexBrowser
TidyPlates
TipTac
Titan Panel; DualSpec; Mail; Garrison Resources; Apexis Crystals; Reputation --I tested just Titan Panel main recently, but that doesn't cause the issue.--
TomTom
WIM
Yury's RuneDisplay
Z-Perl
Deadly Boss Mods --not the issue--

If no one has encountered this issue or knows if any of the addons I didn't mark as "not the issue" causes this, then I will have to test each one of these myself. If that is the case, I'll post my results for future reference.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minimap and Icon issue SC.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	8750  

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 07-20-16 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added Attachment I forgot - thx jeffy162