View Single Post
09-03-10, 11:12 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
You can completely uninstall the addon just the same way you do with every other addon. You delete the Carbonite folders in your Interface\AddOns folder.
Well, that's a good start. You should also go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\"
and delete every "Carbonite.(whatever)" file in the "SavedVariables" folder. Basically, if Carbonite is in the title, delete it.

This procedure is something that should be done for any addon. If it stores a settings configuration, it probably stores it in this folder. Not all addons do it this way, but most do. If you uninstall an addon by deleting it's folder from your "AddOns" folder, and reinstall the same addon again at a later date, and the first time you start your game the addon is configured the same way it was before you uninstalled it (unless, of course, you only used the default configuration), this is why.

@Cloudspel - For your information, I remember seeing the "crbz whatever" channels in my social window chat pane before I ever installed Carbonite. Why? I don't know. I just remember seeing them there and asking my son what they meant. He didn't (at the time) know either. He was six states away on another computer and he was using Carbonite Quest, and still didn't know what they were for because they never showed up in his chat frame.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-03-10 at 11:30 PM. Reason: More Blah, Blah, Blah. 8^)