View Single Post
12-07-12, 07:12 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sgtevmckay View Post
May I ask, in general, where these SV files are located? Or where you have found them?
I am using Windows 7, but If I can get generalized file locations from an XP user, I can find them
The account level SavedVariables are (or should be) located at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\", while the SavedVariables for each character are located at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables\". In both instances you are looking for the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files.

As long as you do not have your WoW installed in the "Program Files" (or "Program Files (x86)" folder on a 64bit Windows (Vista, 7, or 8 (maybe, don't know too much about 8)), those locations for those SavedVariables are the same for every World of Warcraft game irregardless of Operating System. In other words, if you know where your WoW folder is, you've got it (mostly) beat.

If you DO have it installed to your programs folder, you might need to look in the "VirtualStore" for those folders (or, at least the "AddOns" folder). You can find the "VirtualStore" (at least on Vista) at "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore". I have never had my installation of WoW in those locations (programs folders), so I am unsure of where all of the folders will be in that case. Sorry.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 12-07-12 at 07:16 PM.