View Single Post
04-14-09, 05:46 AM   #60
Rendus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
You're making my point for me.

I updated my addon because the game code changed. Up until today, it didn't need to be changed. To be honest, it didn't even need that; it would have worked just fine had you clicked the "Load out of date addons".

Not every addon needs updates, enhancements, and bugfixes. Some do what they are meant to do just fine, so they can go months without any changes.
I love changelogs.

3.1.0 TOC Updated for 3.1, hopefully fixed a bug with the delay timer throwing errors occassionally.
Care to go again?

-edit- I will concede a point here, though. I am using FancyBar, an addon from early 2007, that I haven't found as simple of a replacement for. It does throw errors with some regularity, though.

-final edit- Like I said, we're not going to convince the other they're wrong and change their ways here. I just felt the need to provide a counter-point to the backpatting here, and indeed initially I was posting out of sheer frustration - But not from the temporary loss of WowMatrix, and instead the inability to sleep. It's now 5AM, I need to be at work at 7AM, so I'm going to go pretend to sleep and hope the Patch Fairy gives me back Spiritual Attunement in 3.1.1. I'm sure there'll be celebrations that the mighty troll has been vanquished, but I hope people will at least consider (or reconsider) why they release addons in the first place - To be used. I tried more addons because they looked interesting in WowMatrix than I've ever bothered with across WOWI and Curse and WoWAce and CT and so on combined.

Most of them sucked.

Last edited by Rendus : 04-14-09 at 05:54 AM.