View Single Post
04-13-10, 09:31 AM   #9
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Frame rates and lag

This has to be a blizzard problem. Ever since patch 3.3.3 came live I have also been experiencing this problem as well as higher than normal latency. I can log in and have 800-1000ms latency and after 3 to 5 minutes it will drop to @160ms. Prior to the patch I averaged 80-100ms. My frame rate will drop to about 14fps and then my normal 60fps in Lagaran.
It usually doesnt matter if i am in a city when I log in or not. I have logged into K-3 before with the same lag issue. If I relog the problem is seldom there. During raids i really have no probs but the new normal of 160ms is annoying. The frame rated during a 25 man fight like sourfang when a lot of action is going on is fine. i might drop for a split second to 14fps but average 35 to 45fps during fights.
I read that the addon gearscore will update automatically with other players who have that addon and am wonding if that might be the initial lag issue but it doesnt explain the new higher than normal latency.
But i honestly dont think this is a NUI+ problem. I blame Blizzard and gnomes for it