View Single Post
10-13-09, 09:37 AM   #7
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Or you can get a pre-packaged UI to save yourself the initial set up time then continue to update the addons yourself.

Its not as if you have to continue to update your UI through the same bundle download. Of course there are exceptions with people making custom modifications of some addons. These are fairly uncommon by comparison however.
/highfive

Custom UIs offer an instant layout to novice and experienced users. Depending on the amount of addons included and/or tailored, updating the UI can become a daunting task (don't forget, most authors? game too).

What I've found that works best for me is that I usually try to push an update Tuesday or Wednesday, and also consider one on Fridays. The weekly basis seems to me to be enough as it gives me ample time to test all the addons in a raid environment and know that they are working. Along with tested working updates, visual tweaks are included. If I was to update the UI with every addon update, there just wouldn't be any time to game, and like Midget said, the user can update any of the addons her/himself.

Why would you pick a custom UI?
-unit frame layouts are often very complex and take awhile to learn how to maximize
-UIs often have little addons that you never would have considered using before, but might enjoy
-a UI can be a one stop place to get a bundle of addons which are arranged to work cohesively (which gives you more time to spend gaming)