View Single Post
09-21-05, 09:39 AM   #6
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
that is called code hinting / code completion. It isn't in yet for LUA code, but will be soon. It IS however available for XML files:

Basically start entering stuff into an xml file, and it should suggest possible matches based on the tag library. Everything should be rpesent and accounted for in the XML library, from AbsDimension to WorldFrame...

I am working on a LUA tag library right now. It is harder to accomplish because tag libraries for programming languages are akin to creating an entire interpreter for Dreamweaver. My goal however is to have all of that in there. That way you can use Dreamweaver and it will do everything that editpad does, or other such script editors. (function browsers, autocompletion, etc...)

PS: fixed an error in my notes about the --[[ comment blocks ]]. I meant to say that they are NOW colored correctly, but instead I said NOT. Opps lol. They are actually colored correctly, and wrap to multiple lines correctly (until you type in the closing ]] braces of course). The side affect was that regular single line comments that begin with -- must have a space after it before the text, or else it wouldn't let me color code it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dwlua_example.jpg
Views:	4774
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	192  

Last edited by Beladona : 09-21-05 at 09:47 AM.