Thread: Ion Alpha
View Single Post
08-31-12, 02:03 PM   #5
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Aanson View Post
Couldn't agree more Phanx, same here. Maul, I read a post from you a good while ago when you were saying that Macaroon wasn't going to receive any more TLC, just band-aids to help it limp along. You'd mentioned then that you were working on it's successor, but I still couldn't help but feel a bit gutted about Macaroon.

I always loved how Macaroon offers everything that other similar mods don't. It's complexity was amazing coupled with the fact that it was so easy to use (after a few weeks of head scratching lol).
Ion will have all of the complexity of Macaroon, and even more so. And while Ion is a new name, really it is the continuation of Macaroon, and Macaroon was a continuation of Trinity Bars (which was a continuation of Trinity Buttons)

If there one personality quirk I have, it is that I seek change. Ion was a complete re-thinking of how I approach the problem of a complex macro/action bar addon and I wanted to reflect that in the name.

I can best sum it up by saying that if I'd lost Macaroon at one point during the last couple of years, the game wouldn't have been worth playing any more.
Things like this are often that what drives me to continue to make addons

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]