View Single Post
08-07-12, 11:57 AM   #59
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update on the next update (before my internet dies for another 6 hours).

Took in the UI feedback and made some 'minor' changes across the board, especially regarding editor depth and the lot.

Starting with the browser:

The tabs were scrapped 'cause I needed to add a way to access addon options, and a possible help panel without expanding the width of the frame. The window style matches that of the editor now, and uses a list-style inlay widget for accessing each section.

The Auras section is opened by default, and up to one section can be opened at a time:

I think this approach works pretty well in general, as it still provides a clear way of saying "this section is for this" without cluttering the browser up unnecessarily.

Moving onwards to the editor...

Not too much has changed in this specific area since the last preview, except the Delete Aura tool was moved here. I'll also note that all 'delete' tools now have confirmation prompts, however you can bypass these by holding Ctrl and clicking the delete button.

We'll move onto the recent change I've made in regards to actions/trigger editing:

The sequence panel has been embedded into the actual window, so you won't lose it by scrolling now (this also fixes other bugs too). As this is the activation editor, all that's in there is the operators editbox.

Triggers are no longer separate nodes within the editor, if I click the "New Trigger" button...

The new system is basically similar to the list used in the browser. You'll see 3 triggers per page and can edit them one at a time without needing to navigate via the breadcrumbs. To delete a trigger, you just click the delete button on the trigger 'item' itself, and to change the type the button next to it will open a dropdown (as seen in the image).

The eagle-eyed among you will have probably spotted the missing "Positioning" option in the left sidebar. I've merged it back into the Styles category and made use of the list system again to keep it clean.

As I've mentioned before, none of this is final and is subject to change. Unless my ISP suddenly stops tripping over power cords, you may not get a lot of responses/updates for a little while too.