08-17-05, 09:37 AM   #1
Genghiz Cohen
An Aku'mai Servant

Premium Member
Chatwindow feature

Greetings

Having played EQ for more years than I care to ponder there is one thing I've grown overly used to that doesn't seem to exist in WoW.

Namely:

When you press the slash ( / ) key in EQ you get a slash on the comanndline and a cursor blinking, waiting for input. Basically I would just press the slash key then proceed with whatever command I was going for (press the slash key then directly type dance, or what have you). In WoW I first have to press Enter to "activate" the command line, then Shift-7 (swedish keyboard) for the slash and *then* my command.

The thing is, in EQ my keyboard was on US layout *until* I got the cursor in the chat window. As soon as I had the cursor (on pressing Enter for example) my old Swedish keyboard layout would kick in hehe. Odd, but true. What this means is that as long as the commandline in the chatwindow is inactive, I only had to press one key to magically activate commandline and add the slash.

Anyhoo... I was curious if there was anyway to make it so that the key directly to the left of the right-hand Shift key would open up the typing area of the chat and add the slash to it. Should I macro it? If so, how? Script it? hehe.

Any help most appreciated.

Last edited by Genghiz Cohen : 08-17-05 at 09:41 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Chatwindow feature