05-22-11, 04:00 AM   #1
Fuzzynuttz
A Kobold Labourer
Help with Carbonite Addon

I like the Carbonite addon, but I don't like how it changes the maps. Is there a way I can combine the Carbonite map to the default WoW map? I mean, like all the info that the Carbonite map gives you but on the default WoW World/Mini maps. The Carbonite map doesn't show the layout of the instances when I am in them, which is the biggest drawback for me since I use my maps a lot.

Also, is there a way to refine which quest givers it shows on the map? Like only the available quests near you level? Gets kinda annoying when I see quest givers littered across my map only for them to be either low level or a lot higher than what I am.

05-22-11, 04:27 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fuzzynuttz View Post
I like the Carbonite addon, but I don't like how it changes the maps. Is there a way I can combine the Carbonite map to the default WoW map? I mean, like all the info that the Carbonite map gives you but on the default WoW World/Mini maps. The Carbonite map doesn't show the layout of the instances when I am in them, which is the biggest drawback for me since I use my maps a lot.

Also, is there a way to refine which quest givers it shows on the map? Like only the available quests near you level? Gets kinda annoying when I see quest givers littered across my map only for them to be either low level or a lot higher than what I am.
For instance and dungeon maps, try installing Atlas. I know you used to have to have Atlas installed so Carbonite could show the instance and dungeon maps on its' map.

You can adjust quest givers level to show on the map by clicking on the "Priorities" menu button (second button from the left and right next to the "Show quests on map" bright green radio button) on the Quest Watch header. Adjust the sliders for the last two options on that menu.

05-23-11, 01:10 PM   #3
avachel
A Defias Bandit
I myself have had issues with Carbonite not displaying the instance maps. I've had Atlas installed previously, and even made sure to update it when I added Carbonite to my addon list.

I've tried disabling the extra Atlas options, and leaving just Atlas itself enabled, to no avail. I've even tried clicking on the dungeon image that displays on the mini-map and selecting "Toggle Instance Map". I've even noticed that some dungeons don't display on the mini-map at all, such as AN in Dragonblight - only Old Kingdom displays.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Help with Carbonite Addon