01-27-14, 10:27 AM   #1
AlgizOthila
A Defias Bandit
Blizz Quest tracking?

I was recommended Carbonite by a friend because of its wonderful map system.
So I downloaded it and got it installed with no hassle (have yet to find an actual error with it), however, I was bombarded with lots of intrusive UI changes and little to no way to disable them. In particular the quest tracker. After spending the last day reading through ReadMe files and related forum posts, I found how to disable the Carbonite UI and get back the Blizz Quest Tracker, however, quests now do not auto-track.

Could someone either recommend a map system that works the same way, or give me a definitive answer on how to re-instate the Blizz Quest tracker.

Ref previous thread: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40863

01-27-14, 10:46 AM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For recommendations I have none. Not as in I personally have none but in that there are none. Carbonite is the longest lasting 'Google Maps' like map for the game.

If you are looking for a suitable quest pointer, complete with laser pointer to laze a target(not really), then TomTom will do the trick.

Game Menu -> Interface -> Objectives -> Automatic Quest Tracking

01-27-14, 11:45 AM   #3
AlgizOthila
A Defias Bandit
Thanks jeruku!

I'm honestly quite surpised there aren't more, as you say, 'Google Maps' type addons out there. I really don't like bundled addons like this - whenever they start overwriting lots of Blizz UI functions, I find it very intrusive and frankly frustrating. I end up spending most of the time cleaning up the chaos that ensues from installing an addon instead of, you know, using it?

Thanks very much for your help though!

01-27-14, 05:23 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
If you download the beta version, you can delete every folder that comes with it except Carbonite and you will get all the map functions without it replacing anything else.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Blizz Quest tracking?